[Mailman-Developers] How to set up mailman 3

Barry Warsaw barry at list.org
Wed Mar 29 18:16:11 EDT 2017

On Mar 29, 2017, at 02:07 PM, Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:

>Would it be possible to automate this?  I haven't thought carefully
>about it, specifically security issues.  However, there could (in
>theory) be an automated export of "all parameters" in "expert mode" or
>"site/list initialization mode".

It's probably near impossible to automate, because the Core's REST API isn't
programmatically discoverable.

As a counter-example, Launchpad's REST API provides a WADL[1] description
extracted from the code, but this makes it way too heavyweight for my tastes.
And because the Core uses a dynamic object-based traversal system (inherited
from restish and ported to falcon) it would make any kind of static REST API
description pretty difficult to generate.

Cheers,
-Barry

[1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Web_Application_Description_Language