[Mailman-Developers] Signaling One-Click Functionality for List Email Headers

John Levine johnl at taugh.com
Wed May 10 13:05:36 EDT 2017

In article <20170510120723.xgg3apmj65cmvy3z at sys4.de> you write:
>Greetings,
>
>I'm not sure if anyone has followed development of RFC 8058 "Signaling
>One-Click Functionality for List Email Headers" located at
><https://tools.ietf.org/rfc/rfc8058.txt> and brought this topic up on this
>list.
>
>Is that something mailman(2|3) should support? To me it looks useful.

It would certainly make it easier to deal with grumpy gmail users,
since gmail does not provide junk button feedback.

The disadvantage is that every recipient needs to get a separate copy
of each message, because the list and user info has to be encoded in
the list-unsubscribe URL.  That's been standard in commercial e-mail
for a decade, but a lot of discussion list operators still imagine
that it's too slow.

R's,
John