[Mailman-Developers] Multiple REST servers

Aurelien Bompard aurelien at bompard.org
Fri May 19 13:59:54 EDT 2017

There you go: https://gitlab.com/mailman/mailman/issues/327

> Have you done any other analysis on where the bottlenecks are?  Is it CPU, db,
> I/O?

I haven't investigated properly but it seems to be the database (which
is on another host).

> Currently the REST server uses Python's stdlib wsgiref WSGIServer which I'm
> positive is not performant enough for your lists.  There are a couple of
> options that would be worth investigating.  I played with trying to use
> gunicorn, but deleted the branch a while ago (IIRC, there were problems and I
> didn't have time to investigate further).  At the very least, I want to look
> into asyncio-based REST server (e.g. aiohttp, uvloop), but maybe there are
> other parts of the stack we need to look at too.

Interesting. I wonder if we can have SQLAlchemy play well with
asyncio, I haven't tried that before.
There is still a gunicorn.py file in the contrib directory, but I
haven't tested it either.

Aurélien