[Mailman-Developers] Signaling One-Click Functionality for List Email Headers

John R Levine johnl at taugh.com
Sat May 20 13:18:34 EDT 2017

On Sun, 21 May 2017, Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:
> > >Is that something mailman(2|3) should support? To me it looks
> > >useful.
>
> Personally I am +1 on "patches welcome" until users start asking for
> it (including via list and site managers).  Until I see evidence of
> intent to use, I'm not excited about putting the effort into
> developing and maintaining it myself.

I wouldn't disagree.  It's nice, but I wouldn't put it at the top of the
list of things to add.

One-click is much more important for commercial mailers who tend to add
people to lists who don't want to be there (e.g., everyone who ever
provides an e-mail address with an order) and need to make unsubscribes as
easy as possible.  If a recipient ends up on a Mailman list without
wanting to be there, something's wrong.

Regards,