[Mailman-Developers] Problem getting tox to use mysql

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Sun Oct 8 20:17:43 EDT 2017

On 10/08/2017 02:16 PM, Abhilash Raj wrote:

> This is the command that Gitlab CI runs, the environment variable below
> is what
> mailman uses for "extra" testing config.
>
>    $ MAILMAN_EXTRA_TESTING_CFG=/home/runner/configs/mysql.cfg tox -e
>    py35-nocov-mysql
>
> The extra mysql.cfg is what holds the database configuration.

Thanks Abhilash. What I didn't realize is since I already have a mysql
server running on my dev box for other purposes, I had to use that
server and create a 'mailman' database within it and then use
appropriate credentials to access it.

I can now actually run tests using mysql. My results in this case are
different from the original issue at
<https://gitlab.com/mailman/mailman/issues/385> because my server is not
running in "strict" mode., but I can now work on the original issue
since I can actually test any fixes.