[Mailman-Developers] Postorius, Hyperkitty and python support

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Sun Feb 25 21:03:46 EST 2018

What is the state of the current Postorius, Hyperkitty and
django_mailman3 branches with respect to Python version support.

I am trying to do some things with Postorius at the moment and with
Python 2 I get import errors, specifically on

from urllib.error import HTTPError

which seems to work only in Python 3.

Are these supposed to be bi-lingual or Python 3 only, or are they just
unstable and not working at the moment?

My immediate concern is to try to bring
<https://gitlab.com/mailman/postorius/merge_requests/186> up to date. If
I run tox on an unmodified gitlab head, It only runs py35 tests (it
would run py36, but I don't have that installed) and they all fail like
this:

ERROR: test_middleware_request
(postorius.tests.mailman_api_tests.test_middleware.TestMiddleware)
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File
"/var/MM/3/master/postorius/.tox/py35-djangolatest/lib/python3.5/site-packages/mock/mock.py",
line 1305, in patched
    return func(*args, **keywargs)
  File
"/var/MM/3/master/postorius/src/postorius/tests/mailman_api_tests/test_middleware.py",
line 47, in test_middleware_request
    response.context['error'])
  File
"/var/MM/3/master/postorius/.tox/py35-djangolatest/lib/python3.5/site-packages/django/test/utils.py",
line 73, in __getitem__
    raise KeyError(key)
KeyError: 'error'

(that from py35-djangolatest, but py35-django111 and py35-django20 have
the same failure and there are no py27 tests defined.