[Mailman-Developers] Postorius, Hyperkitty and python support

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Mon Feb 26 17:38:09 EST 2018

On 02/25/2018 09:45 PM, Mark Sapiro wrote:
> On 02/25/2018 08:14 PM, Abhilash Raj wrote:
>> On Sun, Feb 25, 2018, at 6:03 PM, Mark Sapiro wrote:
>>>
>>> ERROR: test_middleware_request
>>> (postorius.tests.mailman_api_tests.test_middleware.TestMiddleware)
>>> Traceback (most recent call last):
>>>   File
>>> "/var/MM/3/master/postorius/.tox/py35-djangolatest/lib/python3.5/site-
>>> packages/mock/mock.py",
>>> line 1305, in patched
>>>     return func(*args, **keywargs)
>>>   File
>>> "/var/MM/3/master/postorius/src/postorius/tests/mailman_api_tests/
>>> test_middleware.py",
>>> line 47, in test_middleware_request
>>>     response.context['error'])
>>>   File
>>> "/var/MM/3/master/postorius/.tox/py35-djangolatest/lib/python3.5/site-
>>> packages/django/test/utils.py",
>>> line 73, in __getitem__
>>>     raise KeyError(key)
>>> KeyError: 'error'
>>>

>>> (that from py35-djangolatest, but py35-django111 and py35-django20 have
>>> the same failure and there are no py27 tests defined.
>>

>> Are you sure you are trying from the git-head of postorius?
>

> I'll do some more checking tomorrow. I seem to be having various
> anomalous issues such as python_dateutil-1.5 (not compatible with Python
> 3) getting installed in my Python 3 virtualenv.

The python_dateutil-1.5 turned out to be HyperKitty not yet being Python
3 ready and requiring python_dateutil<2.0.

I just did a 'git clone git at gitlab.com:mailman/postorius into a new
directory and ran tox and I get the same error.

I have filed <https://gitlab.com/mailman/postorius/issues/257> for this one.