[Mailman-i18n] polish translation ?

Barry A. Warsaw barry@zope.com
Mon, 20 Aug 2001 10:07:29 -0400

    MS> :) I was wondering about your name all the time. Thanks for
    MS> the explanation.

Actually, the "old family story" is that my father's father emigrated
to the US as a little boy in 1903 with his parents.  Not speaking much
(or any?)  English, when my greatgrandfather was asked "what is your
name?" he thought they were asking "where do you live?" and he gave
the answer "Warsaw", much the way I might answer Washington DC today.
It was the nearest large city to where they actually lived.  Not
wanting to rock the boat in their new home, or perhaps not knowing any
better, they kept the name.  Sadly, my grandfather was too young when
he came over to remember the original name and apparently no records
were kept, so Warsaws we are! :)

    MS> And, sure, you can put me as a translator into Polish.

Excellent!  Thanks,
-Barry