[Mailman-i18n] .pot question.

Barry A. Warsaw barry@zope.com
Mon, 20 Aug 2001 10:16:12 -0400

    JJ> The entries with "docstring" tags, are those the help menues?
    JJ> and the ones with "just" msgid the text that is normally
    JJ> displayed runtime? I would like to do a translation -> swedish
    JJ> in two passes. The "runtime" text first, and documentation in
    JJ> the second run.

Hopefully in the latest .pot file (be sure to update from CVS), most
docstring tagged are the usage messages for the bin/* and cron/*
scripts.  As such they should be translated, but I'd say at a lower
priority than the non-docstring strings.  There may still be some
docstring tagged entries that needn't be translate; if you have
specific questions, just ask on this list.

There have been some discussions on how to improve markup and
pygettext.py for better granularity on docstring extraction, but I
haven't had time to hack on the tools.

-Barry