[Mailman-i18n] German Version

guenter wessling hypnose@t-online.de
Tue, 13 Feb 2001 16:47:27 +0100

At 23:59 12.02.01 +0100, you wrote:
>Hallo,
>I think that I can help you. The i18n version is not yet usable (and is
>not expected for the next months) and there
>are no translated texts for it as far as I know.

:(

>I have translated the user texts from mailman/templates and can send them
>to you if that helps.=20

I did this myself - it works all right. Put specific texts in.
What I need is to find out where the texts of the admin pages are "stored"
before set up as htmls.

>I have also installed an extra patch which inserts
>a search path for these files - It first looks in
>mailman/lists/xxxxx/ (where xxxx is the listname), and only if this text
>file is not present does it take the text file from the mailman/template
>directory. This allow different text files for each list - I am running
>commercial lists which need very specific texts.

That sounds good. Is the patch available ?

>The problem is that some texts are hard coded into the python (v 2.0.1),
>and because I have some lists that are english, and other that are german
>I have not looked into translating them.

There you are. So you say that python has the texts ? I thought it should
be somewhere in the .pys of mailman. Where do I have to search ?
(for instance, having translated the listinfo.txt, all of a sudden the
english words "A password reminder will be sent to you once a month". This
cannot be hardcoded - it=B4s mailman specific. So where to look ?

>Please let me know I can help any more.
>
>regards
>--
>John Read, NewNet Marketing