[Mailman-i18n] Automatic translation between GB and BIG5 code

Barry A. Warsaw barry@zope.com
Mon, 30 Jul 2001 01:52:30 -0400

>>>>> "JH" == James Henstridge <james@daa.com.au> writes:

    >>  Hi all, Michael Fang contributed a Big5 mailman.po file, which
    >> I've just checked into cvs.  Thanks Michael!  However, I've had
    >> trouble running it through msgfmt.  See the errors below.  If
    >> anybody can lend assistance, it would be greatly appreciated.

    JH> If you are using a new gettext (> 0.10.35), then you may need
    JH> to update the PO file.  I think you can update the po file
    JH> with the following command: OLD_PO_FILE_INPUT=1 msgmerge
    JH> filename.po mailman.pot > fixed.po

    JH> They decided that 8 bit characters in .po files were bad in
    JH> the newer versions of gettext.

Okay.  My RH6.1 system got gettext 0.10.35.  I just tried to update
gettext from cvs but ran into some problems (posted on
bug-gnu-utils@gnu.org).   I'll give this a try when I get a working
version of a newer gettext (yeah, I could try to find a newer RPM, but
for some dinosauric reason I find building from source much faster and
easier... usually).