[Mailman-i18n] sorting pygettext.py output

Martin von Loewis loewis@informatik.hu-berlin.de
Sun, 20 May 2001 19:16:50 +0200 (MEST)

> I found it a bit hard task to follow up the versions of mailman-i18n
> because pygettext.py output is random order.
> Following patch and executing the script with `--style sort' option
> make the output more friendly for translaters, I believe.

This is a very good idea. I think pygettext should always sort the
output, without even asking the user; ideally in the same way as
xgettext would sort them. It appears that your patch sorts them by
file-then-line, so does xgettext.

Therefore, I propose that you remove the command line option, and
submit your change to sf.net/projects/python.

Thanks for contributing,
Martin