[Mailman-i18n] sorting pygettext.py output

Tokio Kikuchi tkikuchi@is.kochi-u.ac.jp
Mon, 28 May 2001 20:10:25 +0900

Martin, Barry,

Thank you both for all the help for easier handling of language
catalogs. I haven't tried msgmerge before but I now know its power.

Martin von Loewis wrote:

> > If that looks good, I'll check it in.
>
> That is indeed what sorting should do, IMO.

I really needed this feature because human language is very much
dependent of context that I must frequently refer the original code.

> While sorting and normalization certainly helps when a new version of
> the catalog comes along, there is actually tool for merging an old
> localized catalog with the new POT file, in the form of GNU msgmerge.
> I don't know whether you are all aware of it, so I thought I'd mention
> it.

Yes, and it tells me the changed string with "#, fussy" mark. Great!

And, I put up my Japanese translations of POT and templates at
http://mm.tkikuchi.net/mailman-2.1alpha.ja/
These will be updated frequently but I will be happy if you can
include them in the next alpha release.

Many thanks,

Tokio