[Mailman-i18n] New language: Russian

Barry A. Warsaw barry@zope.com
Sat, 8 Sep 2001 00:09:17 -0400

    MS> Looks like for almost two years nobody thought that it was a
    MS> good idea to have Mailman in Russian. :))

Great!  I'll put you down as the Russian champion. :)

    MS> Could you please add Russian to MM 2.1?  The language code is
    MS> 'ru', the name is Russian, and the charset is koi8-r.

Excellent.  I've added these to Defaults.py.in.

    MS> I have a number of files and about 11% of mailman.po already
    MS> translated.  If you think it's a good idea to add them [to
    MS> CVS] right away, just let me know.

Whenever you're ready is fine.  Remember we can always install updates
as we go, and it would be nice to have /something/ in CVS so we can
debug it earlier.

When you're ready, please send me a tarball that I can unpack at the
top of the tree.

Thanks,
-Barry