[Mailman-i18n] French translation

Fil fil@rezo.net
Sat, 5 Jan 2002 00:35:35 +0100

@ Daniel Buchmann <db@bibsys.no> :
> Hi, there is no french translation of Mailman 2.0.7 (as far as I know).
> French is not supported until Mailman 2.1 comes out (hopefully in February this
> year).
> Maybe you could ask the french translator.

Indeed there is a lot of work to be done on the French translation. There is
a Mailman-FR list at http://listes.rezo.net/mailman/listinfo/mailman-fr --
Ousmane is leading the effort there. Unfortunately he is almost alone, and
French is not his mother tongue.

I would add that the translation process is a bit awkward. Aren't there
tools such as online shared databases that can be used to coordinate
translations? I can commit some translations and corrections once in a
while, but the effort to do when you have to proofread and correct
everything is way too high for the time I can spend on it.

-- Fil