[Mailman-i18n] Support for Latin1 charset?

Marcin Sochacki wanted@mwd.pl
Wed, 9 Jan 2002 19:34:54 +0100

On Wed, Jan 09, 2002 at 05:52:17PM +0100, RIBNITZ Robert wrote:
> I do have mailman running with some lists, and I wondered how ot get support
> for latin1 charsets (mainly french & german special chars, euro would be
> nice too).
>
> Instead of ä (ä) I get =E4, which to me looks like qouted printable.
>
> This is only for the archives, the messages get delivered fine, and special
> chars show up fine.

The problem lies in Pipermail code, which is an external tool adopted
to Mailman for archiving messages. The MIME-decoding part in Pipermail
is not complete. So, it has almost nothing to do with i18n of Mailman.

There are some solutions you could try:
- convert the archive from QP to 8bit using some script,
- use an external archiver for Mailman (e.g. MHonarc or hypermail),
- rewrite Pipermail code ;)

Marcin