[Mailman-i18n] Re: [Mailman-Developers] Bug in Chinese language selections and options page?

Barry A. Warsaw barry@zope.com
Thu, 14 Mar 2002 18:25:03 -0500

    DM> OK, I've got no idea how to browse Chinese; I'm using a
    DM> Netscape and OS that have no support for the font.  That might
    DM> be the problem.

    DM> However: if I use my personal subscription options page:

    DM> http://host.dom.ain/mailman/options/listname/subscribe-addr

    DM> to change language to "Traditional Chinese" or "Simplified
    DM> Chinese", I get an expectedly-garbled page, but unfortunately
    DM> it appears with no "Submit My Changes" button, so if I were
    DM> unaware that I could use my browser's Back button, I just did
    DM> something I can't recover from.

    DM> Is that because my browser is just not capable?  Even if so,
    DM> does this seem bad?

I'm using Mozilla and when I do this, I definitely see what look to me
like Chinese characters.  You're right that the submit button isn't
there, but that's because the Chinese templates are woefully out of
date.

We'll have to make a determination nearer to final release time about
which languages are suitable for release and which aren't.

-Barry