[Mailman-i18n] how to encode in iso-8859-9 charset

shawn Erdil cerdil@ttnet.net.tr
Mon Nov 4 21:36:26 2002

MY  CURRENT  ARCHIVE  OUTPUT  AT  THE  MOMENT :
---------------------------------------

Merakla beklenen bir se=E7im yasadik. Merakla beklenmesinin sebebi yeni
y=FCzlerin olmasi ve muhtesem d=F6rtl=FC olarak tanimlanan malum =
siyaset=E7i
dedelerimizin bir kisminin siyaset sahnesinden tasfiye olmus olmalari

Martin  & Ben,

First of all,  i'll  ve glad  to  translate  the  templates  to  our
language.you  guys have  written, such an advanced  script.it'll be  my
pleasure  to  make  a tiny contribution.

NON  DIGEST MODE
This  is  the output  i  get  in  the  pipermail archives, when  i  post a
message, from   outlook express  with 8859-9 encoding, as you  have
mentioned , no problem in the  return emails to an  email  client,  such  as
outlook  express, or etc.the encoding is OKAY,  but ,  the  header and
footer don't  show up, i  think since  the  message, is in a  different
charset  than us-ascii- the  footer and  header  don't  show  up.i  just
get  the message, i  have sent  to  the  list, NOTHING ELSE.
the  encoding , in the received email  header shows as:  Content-Type:
multipart/alternative;

Ýf i  send the message  as  plain text,  it  comes  out- okay  with  the
header  and  footer  included.
but you  know than i can't show  the ý,ü,ç etc.

Since  everybody  will  send in  mime  with  encoding  8859-9  windows -1254
charset,around  here, these  results  wil show  up, with  the  current
config.

the  header and footer are important for me, since i want  to  put some
adserver tags, in text format.

ARCHIVES:

in  the  archives  -  as you  can  see  above, it shows  quoted,and funky
characters ,when  the  message  is in  mime  format.
when it is  sent in plain  text, it  comes  out  okay.

DIGEST MODE:
it comes  out OKAY with good  encoding also, with  the  added  header and
footer.

MY QUESTION?
1- how  to  show the  header  and footer ,in  outlook ?  when  sending  with
8859-9  mime from  outlook?,when  in  non -digest  mode

2- how  to  make it  look  formatted-presentable  in  the  pipermail
archives?when  sending with mime 8859-9.
Translation will  be no problem,  if  we can  get these to  produce   a
correct output  , as  they  are  in  your  other  language packs.

EFFORTS:
1-should i  try  to  put [iso-8859-9] in the   mm-cfg.py to  change
defaults?

thank  you

shawn   Erdil.

e-z banner      internet media  company