[Mailman-i18n] charset impovements

Martin v.Löwis loewis@informatik.hu-berlin.de
Thu Nov 21 18:35:40 2002

barry@python.org (Barry A. Warsaw) writes:

> So the b5 changes look good?

I haven't actually looked at the changes yet.

I just tested them, and there are still problems. In particular, the
generation of multipart messages seems to corrupt data.

In my recent Test1 message,

the additional header was transmitted as

Cyrillic header text: ÆÕÎËÔÉÏÎ

I think the MIME-Version does not belong there (not sure though),
and the charset is wrong (should have been koi8-r).

Test message 2 was worse:

should read

'This message should be encoded in koi8-r.\r\n\xc1\xc2\xd7\xc7\xc4\xc5\xd6\r\n\r\n'

instead. As you can see in the .mbox file, the original message still
had the encoding as base64 and koi8-r. The archiving incorrectly
displays the base64 data; the message sent out misses the charset
on the primary part (even though the transfer encoding was included).

Test message 3 was processed correctly, MIME-wise, except that header
and footer have the encoding incorrect.

Test 4 is both archived incorrectly and sent out incorrectly.

So I do think there are considerable improvements, just new bugs as