[Mailman-i18n] Translation update

Barry Warsaw barry at python.org
Mon Apr 21 13:33:02 EDT 2003

On Mon, 2003-04-21 at 07:30, Daniel Buchmann wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'd like to update the Norwegian translation so it becomes complete for
> the Mailman 2.1.2 release, but I'm a little confused on what CVS
> tag/branch to update.
>
> I should update Release_2_1_2 right? No use updating Release_2_1-maint?
> Or both? Or are they the same?
> Hmm. *ponder*
> Maybe I should read some CVS docs.. ;)
>

> -Daniel,
> no CVS guru, and a little confused..

Release_2_1-maint is a branch tag which labels the point at which the
maintenance release source code branched off from the trunk of
development (which will someday form the basis of Mailman 2.2 or 3.0).

Release_2_1_2 tags specific revisions of files, generally the head of
the Release_2_1-maint branch.  As soon as 2.1.2 is released,
Release_2_1_2 will mark the point in the past from which the 2.1.2
release was made, but Release_2_1-maint branch will continue.

Sooo... :)

The best thing to do is, make two different checkouts, one for the
mainline code, and the second for the Release_2_1-maint branch.  The
second checkout would do "cvs co -rRelease_2_1-maint".  Then you'd make
your fixes to both the maintenance branch and the trunk.

I just picked up Simone's patch on the maint branch for the Italian
translation.  I'm willing to hold up the 2.1.2 release for Daniel to
make the Norwegian updates.  Both of you: be sure to also apply your
changes to the trunk!

If there are any other i18ners who want to make last minute updates,
please let me know.  I will probably do the release sometime tonight, in
all likelihood, around 11pm EDT.

-Barry