[Mailman-i18n] Removing .mo files from cvs

Jordi Mallach jordi at sindominio.net
Mon Apr 21 21:24:24 EDT 2003

On Mon, Apr 21, 2003 at 02:17:26PM -0400, Barry Warsaw wrote:
> I'm strongly considering removing .mo files from cvs and the tar.gz
> file, possibly for Mailman 2.1.2.

From CVS, it's a Good Thing. I'm not sure about tar.gz's.

> - The files can easily be created at build time, even if gettext doesn't
> exist.  We have a pure-Python version of msgfmt

Is this msgfmt.py distributed in the tarball? If yes, I guess it's ok.
If no, I'd leave them in. If they are removed, they should probably be
built by the normal "make all" rule without needing external tools
(automake-made tarballs are like this).

Jordi
jordi at sindominio.net     jordi at debian.org     http://www.sindominio.net/
GnuPG public key information available at http://oskuro.net/~jordi/