[Mailman-i18n] Re: [I18n-sig] Re: [Mailman-Developers] Re: [Mailman-checkins] mailman/misc CJKCodecs-1.0.tar.gz, NONE, 1.1.2.1 .cvsignore, 2.2, 2.2.2.1 Makefile.in, 2.33.2.3, 2.33.2.4 paths.py.in, 2.6, 2.6.2.1 JapaneseCodecs-1.4.9.tar.gz, 2.1, NONE KoreanCodecs-2.0.5.tar.gz, 2.1, NONE

Tokio Kikuchi tkikuchi at is.kochi-u.ac.jp
Mon Dec 29 20:45:50 EST 2003

Hi, All.

>>Oh dang.
>>
>>The problem is CODEC_MAP in email/Charset.py, right?
>

> There's a bug report by Jason R. Mastaler already:
> 	http://www.python.org/sf/852347
>

>>Here's a hack for Mailman 2.1.4:
>>
>>-----japanese.py
>>from cjkcodecs import euc-jp, iso-2022-jp, shift_jis

This will not do. (Syntax error!)

My fault is that I have separately installed both JapaneseCodecs
and cjkcodecs in the python site-packages area. Looks like mailman
has looked the site-package codecs before mailman/pytholib codecs.

Since we can get rid of the aliases in Charset.py, woud it not be better
to leave the package installation to the indivisual site owners?

Some Japanese users looks like to prefer JapaneseCodecs than cjkcodecs
and some even prefer using one which override special characters like
full-width roman numerics.

Barry, I again suggest cancelling this commit for cjkcodecs altogether
in the meantime of releasing 2.1.4.

http://weather.is.kochi-u.ac.jp/