[Mailman-i18n] When are the checkins ?

Danny Terweij danny at terweij.nl
Sun Mar 30 23:22:40 EST 2003

From: "Thomas Wouters" <thomas at xs4all.net>

> That said, there is no reason for you to wait for them to be checked in to
> see if there are any fuzzy things left. No one else is going to check
> anything into the dutch translations, at least not without contacting you
> first. If you sent us a straight 'cvs diff -c' (or -u), what you have in
> your local CVS tree is what would exist in the CVS repository once we
check
> it in.

Hmm keep in mind , i am a windows user :) and have a linux box here because
i did not find an good mailing list manager on the windows plaform so i dont
know very much :)
At the beginning i just did the translation with "NotePad". Then i met
another translator that is helping me. Het wss using PoEdit on window
splatform and that is working great.. (i wish i did know about that program
a year ago :D )

So i dont know things about CVS, i just do the CVS lines mentioned on the
sourceforge pages to get the Mailman CVS.

> Also, it's almost certainly more efficient to upload your changes to
> SourceForge. as a patch, than it is to send it to Barry or me (or any of
the
> other developers) -- things tend to get lost in our 2000+ message
mailboxes.

See above.

> There is no such thing as 'CVS upload access'. There is CVS write access,
> but that means you check them in directly, without emailing them to Barry
or
> me. Whether you get that is up to Barry, not me :-)

Hmm you see i dont know much :)

So that why i do it this way because i dont know other ways :)

Danny Terweij