[Mailman-i18n] Slovenian translation

Martin v. Löwis martin at v.loewis.de
Fri May 2 08:55:35 EDT 2003

Iztok Stotl <iztok.stotl at guest.arnes.si> writes:

> The whole page get translated except "GNU is not unix", "Powered by
> Python" and "trasfered my Mailman version ..."
>
> I have translated them in the .po file ???

It's your choice. I would leave "GNU is not unix" untranslated. If you
can find something equally punching like "Powered by Python" in
Slovenian, feel free to use that; in German, "Angetrieben durch
Python" doesn't sound quite convincing.

> And the texts in the archive don't translate at all ??

You mean, the messages themselves? Certainly not - you can only
translate the user interface, there is no way to automatically
translate the messages that people have sent to the mailing list.

Notice that the navigational aspects of the pipermail archive are
generated HTML, so they don't change when the user changes the
language. If you want the list archive in a different language, you
have to regenerate the entire archive.

Regards,
Martin