[Mailman-i18n] Icelandic translation

Barry Warsaw barry at python.org
Wed Nov 26 09:13:22 EST 2003

On Wed, 2003-11-26 at 06:43, Oli wrote:
> Hi,
> I commited myself to adding Icelandic to the mailman languages and I see
> that in the next few weeks I might be able to put some time aside for
> it. Are there specific files somewhere I can translate and then send in
> or do I have to set the whole thing up on a server to do this?

You can translate Mailman piecemeal, and whatever isn't translated will
default back to English.  For example, you can start by translating the
templates one by one.  The big chore will be to translate the message
catalog.  You'll start with mailman.pot and use something like po-mode
or KBabel (other tools?) to translate each message in the catalog.  Even
there you don't have to do the whole thing.  Any untranslated message
will just default back to English.

You can send me whatever you come up with at any time.  It's fairly easy
to update things, although I am planning on releasing a 2.1.4 before the
end of the year.  I could definitely add Icelandic to that version.

-Barry