[Mailman-i18n] Danish translation for version 2.1.1

Barry Warsaw barry at python.org
Sat Sep 13 09:29:25 EDT 2003

On Mon, 2003-09-08 at 17:41, Soren Bondrup wrote:
> I have now a working Danish translation for the Mailman version 2.1.1.
> because I lost my laptop earlier this year I also lost most of my
> documentation
> on how to compile it in. Do you have a link to study for my next move
> and how
> to find information to upgrade the translation to the current version?

Hi Soren, glad to hear about the Danish translation.  The country code
is "da" and the charset is iso-8859-1, right?  Start by reading the
README-I18N.en file for instructions on where to situate things, and
what to add to Defaults.py.  Next, send me the current state of the
translation:

- put messages/da and templates/da in a tarfile that I can unpack at the
top level, e.g. "tar zcvf da.tgz messages/da templates/da"

- If you can send that to me in the next day or two, I'll include it in
Mailman 2.1.3.

Next, update your .po file:

- do a cvs update to get the latest .pot file (I'm about to check in the
updates for Mailman 2.1.3)

- Merge the new .pot file into your .po file and add any missing
translations.  There will not be many.

You don't strictly need to update to the latest .pot file to get Danish
into Mailman.  Send me what you have now, and we can always do an update
later.

-Barry