[Mailman-i18n] Encoding problem

David Bourguignon dmab at chez.com
Mon May 3 13:40:53 EDT 2004

Hi all,

I have a problem to register to mailing lists managed with gnu mailman. According to people on the mailman users list (verbatim):

"The problem is that your MUA is encoding the message in 8-bit
quoted-printable format.  The "=?iso-8859-1?Q?" stuff at the
beginning is the way that the MUA tells the receiver what the
character set is (ISO 8859-1), and the encoding is quoted-printable.

You need to turn off quoted-printable within your mail program,
and use plain 7-bit ASCII.  However, this is a question that is
specific to your particular mail program, and you should start by
talking to your ISP."

I wonder if this problem is not also due to the mailman installation on the server, which has not switched on language support beyond the default (US English). I would be glad to have your opinion on this.

Thanks in advance for your help.

David.

******ADSL Tiscali, le Haut débit au meilleur prix ******
Avec Tiscali, profitez de l'ADSL au meilleur prix partout en France !
Pour profiter de cette offre exceptionnelle, cliquez ici : http://register.tiscali.fr/adsl
Sous réserve d'éligibilité à l'ADSL.