[Mailman-i18n] msgfmt.py in the list of files to translate

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Sun Apr 10 22:58:39 CEST 2005

Tokio Kikuchi wrote:
> It is free that docstrings are left untranslated but at least they are
> useful if the site administrators want to use --help options or help()
> funcitons. I know translators want to put higher priority on member
> messages than admin messages or docstrings. It may be inconvenient but
> they are just mixed in the mailman.pot file.

However, msgfmt.py and pygettext.py are not even admin files - they are
only used by mailman developers. So it should cause no problems to users
if the messages in these files were excluded from mailman.pot.

To do so, the docstring.files rule in messages/Makefile.in might read

docstring.files:
        @echo "Calculating script input files for pygettext"
        (cd ..; grep -d skip -l -i '^#! .*python.*' `find bin cron
scripts -name ".#*" -prune -o -print` | grep -v pygettext >| grep -v
msgfmt.py | grep -v pygettext.py | messages/$@)
        (cd ..; ls Mailman/Commands/cmd_*.py >> messages/$@)

(this is untested, though) Alternatively, these two scripts might
be moved into the messages directory.

Regards,
Martin