[Mailman-i18n] Interlingua language

Tokio Kikuchi tkikuchi at is.kochi-u.ac.jp
Wed Aug 24 01:36:46 CEST 2005

Hi, (funny this message reached me three weeks delay)

Alberto Mardegan wrote:

> Hello everybody!
>   I and some other people are working for adding interlingua
> (http://www.interlingua.com) support to Mailman.
> We have added a directory messages/ia/LC_MESSAGES and are currently
> translating the mailman.po file.
> And we are translating the templates, too.
> Is there any other thing that should be done? I guess that some
> programmer will have to add interlingua to the list of Mailman's known
> languages; will this happen as we send you the final files, or should I
> inform someone some time before?

You have to put your language definition in mm_cfg.py like:

def _(s):
     return s
add_language('ia', _('Interlingua'), 'us-ascii')
del _

Note that you may want to define your character set other than the
'us-ascii' if you use accent characters.

http://weather.is.kochi-u.ac.jp/