[Mailman-i18n] Registered at Rosetta

Tokio Kikuchi tkikuchi at is.kochi-u.ac.jp
Tue Dec 6 02:25:56 CET 2005

Hi Barry,

Barry Warsaw wrote:
> So, we've gone ahead and registered the Mailman project at Ubuntu's
> Launchpad Rosetta.  We should start migrating all i18n development to
> that site.  Currently I'm still working with the Launchpad folks to get
> the Mailman project set up correctly, but in the meantime, anybody who
> still wants to work on Mailman i18n (and I hope that's you! :), should
> register with Launchpad and the GNU Translators group.  You'll need to
> sign and submit a disclaimer form in order to join that group, but once
> you do, you'll be able to translate Mailman or any other GNU project
> registered at Launchpad.

Should we all need to sign the paper?  GPL article 5 states:
...........................................      Therefore, by
modifying or distributing the Program (or any work based on the
Program), you indicate your acceptance of this License to do so, ...

It looks like publishing translation equals acceptance and need no
signing.  To us, who are not native english speaker, it is a pain to
read these kind of paper.

> I think these are good links to start with:
>
> https://launchpad.net/rosetta/groups/gnu-translators/
> https://launchpad.net/rosetta
>
> The Mailman pot and po files aren't yet uploaded, but I'll announce here
> when they are.

I'm working on the mailman.pot file which include templates and will be
checking in soon.  I think this should be a starting point of 2.2 tree
and will not commit in the 2.1-maint.

http://weather.is.kochi-u.ac.jp/