[Mailman-i18n] [Mailman-Developers] A better way of doing templates?

Barry Warsaw barry at python.org
Wed Dec 7 00:07:49 CET 2005

On Thu, 2005-11-24 at 10:44 +0900, Tokio Kikuchi wrote:

> How about adding current templates into pot/po and pickup and generate
> language templates during "make install."  I don't know if it could be
> done at all but I will look at it this weekend.

I see that this is checked in, which I guess means that the idea is
working well for you.  Cool!  If we're going to generate all the
template files at build time, I suppose we should remove all those files
(and the directories?) from CVS.  It's generally not a good idea to
check in files that are generated during the build process.  What do you
think?

> As regards the whole translation process, I've already submitted a patch
>  to select languages when configuring.  This should help separating the
> translations from the main developement code base.
> http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1298355&group_id=103&atid=300103

Very cool.  I've also heard requests to reduce the tarball size by
separating the languages out into separate downloads.  Does anybody
think that's worth doing?

-Barry