[Mailman-i18n] Registered at Rosetta

Barry Warsaw barry at python.org
Wed Dec 7 17:28:15 CET 2005

On Tue, 2005-12-06 at 22:40 +0100, "Martin v. Löwis" wrote:

> If that really is the FSF policy, then mailman can only call itself
> "GNU mailman" if it complies with the FSF policy - this is the game
> in the GNU project. Whether or not to enforce FSF policy in the
> mailman project is up to the mailman maintainers (for which I don't
> speak, either).

I think we're obliged to, as long as we call ourselves GNU Mailman.

Note that this applies regardless of whether we coordinate translations
through Rosetta or not.  Sadly, I've been lax at enforcing this
requirement, so the only thing that Rosetta adds is easier management
and stricter enforcement of a policy we should have had all along.

-Barry