[Mailman-i18n] Bulgarian translation of mailman

Tokio Kikuchi tkikuchi at is.kochi-u.ac.jp
Thu Jan 20 12:27:26 CET 2005

Hi,

Alexander Shopov wrote:
> What is the preferred encoding for the translations?
>
> I cannot possibly write everything in ASCII - we employ the Cyrillic
> alphabet.
> I would very much like to use UTF-8 because it is widely supported and
> it is native to the HTML docs.

There is no problem because Serbian and Ukrainian already use utf-8.
In Defaults.py:
add_language('ru',    _('Russian'),             'koi8-r')
add_language('sr',    _('Serbian'),             'utf-8')
add_language('uk',    _('Ukrainian'),           'utf-8')

By the way, Bulgarian language locale is 'bg' right?

> Will you need formal copyright assignment? I will assign the copyright
> in the translation to the FSF but do you need a formal written paper?
> Should it be signed by a local public notary?

Well, I have not done yet. (Barry, should I?)

> If possible - can you give a more specific date for the release. I am
> starting the translation this weekend and I would really appreciate it
> if it makes it in the next release.

It highly depends on the schedule of Barry the leading developer ;-).

Regards,
http://weather.is.kochi-u.ac.jp/