[Mailman-i18n] Ubuntu/Launchpad Rosetta for i18n translations?

Barry Warsaw barry at python.org
Wed Nov 23 23:39:50 CET 2005

On Wed, 2005-11-23 at 11:24 +0200, Alexander Shopov wrote:

> I would advise against that. There has been some dual effort conflict
> between Rosetta and Gnome.

Can you elaborate?  For example, what does Gnome have that's equivalent
to Rosetta?  What conflict or overlap is there between the two
community's efforts?

> As I have already translated the text and html tempates in Bulgarian and
> I am moving on to the po-file, I would really hate to have a conflict
> with some other unknown person who has a different style.

IIUC, one thing we'd be able to do is upload all of our existing
translations, which would give us a great head start in all current
languages.  Hopefully, translation teams can all work together and agree
on common style or approaches to their language translations.  I know
that other languages have more than one person working on them, and
there have been very few disagreements (at least that have percolated up
to me) in all the years that Mailman has been i18n.

-Barry