[Mailman-i18n] Problems with Vietnamese translation

Clytie Siddall clytie at riverland.net.au
Sat Apr 29 06:36:20 CEST 2006

On 28/04/2006, at 3:35 PM, Barry Warsaw wrote:

> Just a warning that source strings will probably change quite a bit
> as I
> convert our bin and cron scripts from getopt to optparse.  I'm trying
> (as always) to be mindful of not gratuitously changing translatable
> text, but in this case it can't be avoided.

And in any case, translators working on the trunk branch must be
aware that this _is_ the development branch and thus will continue to
change. :)

The first priority is to complete our translations of the current
(stable) Mailman version (2.1.8 at this stage).

Having done that, the essential job of getting the translations out
to users, we take a deep breath and relax our aching brains ;).

Then, to get a good start on the next version, we can merge our
translations across to the trunk branch, and update the empty and
fuzzy strings in that file.

However, it's not effective use of our time to try and keep the trunk
branch at 100% while it is still in development.

When we are translating any branch in active development, it's more
effective to check its status once a week, for example, and update it
then. This keeps our files current, without having to make constant
changes.

Before the branch is released, it will go into string freeze for at
least a couple of weeks, which gives us the chance to finalize our
translations. There shouldn't be any changes to strings during this
message freeze.

So don't panic too much about trying to keep trunk at 100%. It's not
the software currently being used, it's still being changed, and
you''ll get reasonable notice to update it before release. :)

Việt hóa phần mềm tự do)