[Mailman-i18n] Translation to Tamil...

Clytie Siddall clytie at riverland.net.au
Wed Aug 30 09:21:21 CEST 2006

On 30/08/2006, at 12:19 AM, ஸ்ரீ ராமதாஸ் wrote:

> Hi every one,
>
> this is Sri Ramadoss and I would like to join hands with you all in
> translating mailman to Tamil my mother tongue.
>
> We have a set of people who can contribute towards this.
>
> I have little experience in Translating and seek all your guidance.
>
> I know English and Tamil.
>
> How to proceed further.
>
> Please guide me.
>
> Regards.

You are welcome to translate Mailman to Tamil. :)

Please read what I said in my first reply, below. As I said, you will
find the information you need in our wiki: http://wiki.list.org/
display/DEV/Internationalization

Please read the information. I hope you find it helpful.

Follow the links it contains, especially the link to our
internationalization HowTo.

If there is anything in the wiki pages that you don't understand, or
if you have further questions, please feel free to ask them here.

But the wiki information should give you a good start in the task. :)

> Clytie Siddall wrote:
>>
>> On 18/08/2006, at 12:27 PM, ம.ராமதாஸ் wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> We would like to translate mailman to Tamil.
>>>
>>> Tamil is a language spoken by 65 million people across the world.
>>> India, Sri Lanka and Singapore.
>>>
>>> We hav started translating Ubuntu to tamil. Visit:
>>> wiki.ubuntu.com/TamilTeam
>>>
>>> Please guide.
>>>
>>> --Regards,
>>>
>>> Shri Ramadhas M,
>>>
>> Please read our Internationalization (i18n) page in our wiki. [1]
>>
>> After reading that, and the other information to which it refers
>> (e.g. our i18n HowTo), you're welcome to ask any further questions
>> here.
>>
>> Enna vishayam !
>>
>> Welcome to Mailman! :)
>>
>> from Clytie (vi-VN, Vietnamese free-software translation team /
>> nhóm Việt hóa phần mềm tự do)
>> http://groups-beta.google.com/group/vi-VN
>>
>> [1] http://wiki.list.org/display/DEV/Internationalization
>>

> --
> அன்புடன்,
> ம . ஸ்ரீ ராமதாஸ்
>
> Stepwise instructions - to view Unicode Tamil text
>
> 1. You need to have Unicode Tamil fonts installed on your computer
> and the Operating System capable of rendering Tamil Scripts.
> Windows XP comes with a Unicode Tamil Font (Latha) and you need not
> download/install a unicode font.
> 2. In the Control Panel, in Regional/Languages Options you will
> need to ensure that Indic/Asian Language option is checked.
> 3. Use a browser that is capable of handling UTF-8 based pages
> (Netscape 6, Internet Explorer 5) with the Unicode Tamil font
> chosen as the default font for the UTF-8 char-set/encoding view.
> Unicode Tamil Fonts may be downloaded from here.

Việt hóa phần mềm tự do)