[Mailman-i18n] Translation to Tamil...

ஸ்ரீ ராமதாஸ் shriramadhas at gmail.com
Tue Aug 29 16:49:57 CEST 2006

Hi every one,

this is Sri Ramadoss and I would like to join hands with you all in
translating mailman to Tamil my mother tongue.

We have a set of people who can contribute towards this.

I have little experience in Translating and seek all your guidance.

I know English and Tamil.

How to proceed further.

Please guide me.

Clytie Siddall wrote:
> On 18/08/2006, at 12:27 PM, ம.ராமதாஸ் wrote:
>> Hi,
>> We would like to translate mailman to Tamil.
>> Tamil is a language spoken by 65 million people across the world.
>> India, Sri Lanka and Singapore.
>> We hav started translating Ubuntu to tamil. Visit:
>> wiki.ubuntu.com/TamilTeam
>> Please guide.
>> --Regards,
>> Shri Ramadhas M,
> Please read our Internationalization (i18n) page in our wiki. [1]
> After reading that, and the other information to which it refers (e.g.
> our i18n HowTo), you're welcome to ask any further questions here.
> Enna vishayam !
> Welcome to Mailman! :)
> from Clytie (vi-VN, Vietnamese free-software translation team / nhóm
> Việt hóa phần mềm tự do)
> http://groups-beta.google.com/group/vi-VN
> [1] http://wiki.list.org/display/DEV/Internationalization

ம . ஸ்ரீ ராமதாஸ்

Stepwise instructions - to view Unicode Tamil text

1. You need to have Unicode Tamil fonts installed on your computer and
the Operating System capable of rendering Tamil Scripts. Windows XP
comes with a Unicode Tamil Font (Latha) and you need not
download/install a unicode font.
2. In the Control Panel, in Regional/Languages Options you will need to
ensure that Indic/Asian Language option is checked.
3. Use a browser that is capable of handling UTF-8 based pages (Netscape
6, Internet Explorer 5) with the Unicode Tamil font chosen as the
default font for the UTF-8 char-set/encoding view. Unicode Tamil Fonts
may be downloaded from here. <http://www.tamilnation.org/fonts/latha.ttf>