[Mailman-i18n] Help please with another combined variable

Tokio Kikuchi tkikuchi at is.kochi-u.ac.jp
Tue Mar 7 13:22:54 CET 2006

Clytie Siddall wrote:

> Does this string say:
>
> "Welcome to the [name] mailing list [in digest mode]"
>
> or
>
> "Welcome to the [name] mailing [list in digest mode]?"
>
> If it's the second, and I'm not allowed to translate the "list" part,
> I can't translate the string correctly. :(

You can see
         if digest:
             digmode = _(' (Digest mode)')
         else:
             digmode = ''
just before the part you quoted.  So, the sentence is
   'Welcome to the "list-real-name" mailing list (Digest mode)'
or
   'Welcome to the "list-real-name" mailing list'

"Digest mode" is status of the subscriber.  Another mode is called
"Regular" or "Non-digest".  It doesn't mean the list is in digest mode.

--
Tokio Kikuchi tkikuchi@ is.kochi-u.ac.jp
http://weather.is.kochi-u.ac.jp/