[Mailman-i18n] Supported languages in Debian pkg?

Clytie Siddall clytie at riverland.net.au
Tue Sep 19 08:37:58 CEST 2006

Hi everyone :)

I've received the debconf update mail [1] for the file "mailman
1:2.1.8-3".

Although my language is now supported in both stable [2] and trunk
[3] Mailman, this template does not list my language in the fairly
long list of supported languages.

Does this mean that the Debian package is lagging behind current
versions?

I'm a bit disappointed, because I've looked forward to my community
being able to use Mailman.

Việt hóa phần mềm tự do)

These notes are for translators who may not be used to the jargon:

[1]

(a) debconf - a configuration program for the Debian free-software
operating system: its files are called "debconf templates". If you
package software for Debian, you also create a debconf template to
configure that software for that user's Debian system.

(b) update mail - there are around 700 debconf templates, so
monitoring a list of them, especially in a distributed system like
Debian, is inefficient. Developers can register for these update
mails, which notify the last translator when the file is updated, and
send it to him/her for update. You send the updated file by reply.

[2] stable - the newest released version of Mailman for general use

[3] trunk - the newest developed version of Mailman, for testing use