[Mailman-i18n] PMS localization

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Fri Nov 2 20:24:42 CET 2007

Berto 'd Sera wrote:

>I'm preparing the PMS localization for mailman, that will be used to run a
>wikipedia-related list at WMF.
>
>I wanted to ask you guys if:
>1) is it a problem that we have a 3-letter ISO 639-3 code?

No.

>2) what do the %(year)i-like messages mean? I take it that %(year) will be
>substituted with the year value, but what is the final "i" for? Is there any
>guide I can use?

The '%(year)i' is a conversion specifier. See
<http://docs.python.org/lib/typesseq-strings.html>.

In this case, the 'i' is a 'type' and means integer conversion. All
conversion specifiers begin with '%' and end with a 'type', and the
entire specifier should be unchanged in the translation - i.e., don't
translate 'year'.