[Mailman-i18n] bounce template - static string

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Thu Feb 21 20:06:34 CET 2008

Gabor FUNK wrote:

>In the Hungarian version of admin bounce mail, I get
>"     Teendõ:     Feliratkozás disabled."
>message, however, "disabled" is clearly not hungarian...
>
>I'm not a python wizard, but for me it seems that the "disabled"
>string is static/not translated at __sendAdminBounceNotice in
>Bouncer.py, so it might not work in other languages as well.
>[If I'm not correct then I wonder why it happens in the hungarian
>version then...]
>
>Also subject is not translated, I couldn't check whether is should or not.
>[Subject: Bounce action notification]

The relevant parts of __sendAdminBounceNotice are

        text = Utils.maketext(
            'bounce.txt',
            {'listname' : self.real_name,
             'addr'     : member,
             'negative' : '',
             'did'      : _('disabled'),
             'but'      : '',
             'reenable' : '',
             'owneraddr': siteowner,
             }, mlist=self)
        subject = _('Bounce action notification')

The _() function is the i18n translation function. If 'disabled' and
'Bounce action notification' are not being translated into Hungarian,
it is because these strings are not translated in the Hungarian
message catalog in your Mailman.

In the current translation, these are translated as follows

msgid "disabled"
msgstr "kikapcsolva"

msgid "Bounce action notification"
msgstr "Értesítés a visszapattanási beavatkozásról"

(non-ascii characters above may be garbled due to this email being
iso-8859-1 and not iso-8859-2)

>Also if I can be of any help in the hungarian translation, let me know.

Help is always welcome. See
<http://wiki.list.org/display/DEV/Internationalization>. It looks like
you have helped before <http://wiki.list.org/display/DEV/Languages>.

At the moment, we are getting ready for the 2.1.10 release. Only a few
translations have so far been updated for 2.1.10 and Hungarian isn't
one of them.

We would like to get all translations updated as soon as possible. See
the messages and templates directories at
<http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~mailman-coders/mailman/2.1/files> for
the current message catalogs and templates.