[Mailman-i18n] Pootle status

Cristóbal Palmer cmpalmer at metalab.unc.edu
Mon Feb 23 03:53:38 CET 2009

On Sun, Feb 22, 2009 at 07:44:58PM -0500, Cristóbal Palmer wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 22, 2009 at 07:44:54PM +1030, Clytie Siddall wrote:
> > Hi everyone :)
> >
> > I've returned after several months of being unable to participate due to
> > illness (happy to be back :D ), so I'm trying to update my existing
> > translations.
> >
> > However, the Mailman Pootle address I have [1] isn't loading. Has it
> > changed?
>
> The pootle server wasn't running, and...
>
> cmpalmer at garp:/etc/apache2/sites-enabled$ sudo /etc/init.d/pootle start
> Starting Pootle daemon: PootleServer... (failed).

I'm not sure what it was. After a bit of poking I realized that we had
been running an alpha of 1.2.1, so I first pursued running the latest
from svn, but realized that the developers are in the middle of a
migration to django from jToolkit, and making that work for us is over
my head and probably not something you're interested in.

So... I got 1.2.1 working.

Please let me know if anything seems missing/broken. My limited
testing seems to indicate that http://pootle.metalab.unc.edu/ works as
expected.

Cheers,
--