[Mailman-i18n] Latvian translation

Kārlis Repsons karlis.repsons at gmail.com
Mon Jun 8 18:48:31 CEST 2009

Hello people!

I so decided, there must be a mailing list in my rural area and it is then
quite necessary, that its support and interfaces are in the native language.
Latvian in this case. At this point I don't know what to do, because in the
manual it was written: "First of all, please join the mailman-i18n mailing
list. mailman-i18n is where we discuss any and all i18n
(internationalization) issues. Please introduce yourself, so we get to meet
you, and to find out what you are going to contribute."

Well, now I understand why was that mentioned "a champion" about translator:
8667 lines in mailman.pot! Wiii... I wonder, if it was clear to me about the
translation, how long would they take? 7 days full time? Your guess?

Ok. What does this effectively mean:
"The instructions about the templates directory is specific to Mailman 2.1.
There are some changes here for Mailman 2.2, although we're not sure what the
final form of the templates will be. Please contact the
mailman-i18n at python.org mailing list for details."
?

Besides, why can't I access http://bugs.list.org/? Maybe
http://wiki.list.org/display/DEV/Internationalization
needs to be updated?

So in short, I want to translate, but can I translate the list slowly by
uploading the latest files to my server, so more and more is translated,
while lists are fully operational?

Feel free to advice me and best regards from a Latvian - lets take this nation
out of various kinds of shame!

K.