[Mailman-i18n] New Asturian Internationalization for Mailman

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Mon Nov 16 23:58:24 CET 2009

Marcos wrote:

>Yes, please, you can register me as wiki editor.

Done. I'll send you details separately.

>I have a doubt, I saw in the source tar that the directory "messages"
>has 1355 phrases, but the directory "templates" isn't translated (only
>in english). Must I translate only the "messages" template? or the
>"templates" files too? ;)

For the current, stable Mailman 2.1.x branch, the templates are
separate from the message catalog and also need to be translated. I.e.
you need to make a translation of the message catalog in
messages/ast/LC_MESSAGES/mailman.po and you also need to make a full
set of translated templates in templates/ast/*.

The Mailman 2.2 branch is now dead, but both it and the current
development Mailman 3 branch have integrated the templates into the
message catalog so all the translation is in that one place.

Presumably, you are looking at the MM 3 tar if you are only seeing
templates/en/ and not other templates/* directories. In that case,
templates are translated in the respective message catalog and
translated templates are installed as needed in the templates/
directory based on the languages selected for installation.