[Mailman-i18n] Question about translation of PO file

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Tue Mar 26 19:45:57 CET 2013

"Javad Hoseini-Nopendar" <info at irannopendar.com> wrote:

>I attached the translated part here as a text file. I only translated short and important phrases now, not
>long ones. Now I have 2 questions:
>1- Am I writing the translations in the right positions?

First, in the future please avoid moderation delays and possible
rejected posts by posting from a subscribed address, i.e.,
javad at irannopendar.com or javad at iranravi.com.

No, you are not doing this correctly. The msgid string is the key by
which the English language message is looked up. You do not change
this. You place your translation of the message in the corresponding
msgstr string.

This is covered at <http://wiki.list.org/display/DEV/i18nhowto>.

>I have already read the How-to-translate guide, but I got confused because there were lots of various guides and some of them where
>not clear enough.

Please ask specific, detailed questions about the points that confuse
you, and we'll try to help.