[Mailman-i18n] Biggest Fake Conference in Computer Science

eliswilson at hushmail.com eliswilson at hushmail.com
Wed May 1 00:21:42 CEST 2013

Biggest Fake Conference in Computer Science

We are researchers from different parts of the world and conducted a study on the world’s biggest
bogus computer science conference WORLDCOMP  http://sites.google.com/site/worlddump1
organized by Prof. Hamid Arabnia from University of Georgia, USA.

We submitted a fake paper to WORLDCOMP 2011 and again (the same paper with a modified title) to
WORLDCOMP 2012. This paper had numerous fundamental mistakes. Sample statements from that
paper include:

(1). Binary logic is fuzzy logic and vice versa
(2). Pascal developed fuzzy logic
(3). Object oriented languages do not exhibit any polymorphism or inheritance
(4). TCP and IP are synonyms and are part of OSI model
(5). Distributed systems deal with only one computer
(6). Laptop is an example for a super computer
(7). Operating system is an example for computer hardware

Also, our paper did not express any conceptual meaning.  However, it was accepted both the times
without any modifications (and without any reviews) and we were invited to submit the final paper
and a payment of $500+ fee to present the paper. We decided to use the fee for better purposes than
making Prof. Hamid Arabnia richer. After that, we received few reminders from WORLDCOMP to pay
the fee but we never responded. This fake paper is different from the two fake papers already published
(see https://sites.google.com/site/worlddump4 for details) in WORLDCOMP.

We MUST say that you should look at the above website if you have any thoughts of participating in
WORLDCOMP.  DBLP and other indexing agencies have stopped indexing WORLDCOMP’s proceedings
since 2011 due to its fakeness. See http://www.informatik.uni-trier.de/~ley/db/conf/icai/index.html for
of one of the conferences of WORLDCOMP and notice that there is no listing after 2010. See Section 2 of
http://sites.google.com/site/dumpconf for comments from well-known researchers about
WORLDCOMP.

The status of your WORLDCOMP papers can be changed from scientific to other (i.e., junk or
non-technical) at any time. Better not to have a paper than having it in WORLDCOMP and spoil the
resume and peace of mind forever!

Our study revealed that WORLDCOMP is money making business, using University of Georgia mask, for
Prof. Hamid Arabnia. He is throwing out a small chunk of that money (around 20 dollars per paper
published in WORLDCOMP’s proceedings) to his puppet (Mr. Ashu Solo or A.M.G. Solo) who publicizes
WORLDCOMP and also defends it at various forums, using fake/anonymous names. The puppet uses
fake names and defames other conferences to divert traffic to WORLDCOMP. He also makes anonymous
phone calls and threatens the critiques of WORLDCOMP (See Item 7 of Section 5 of above website). That
is, the puppet does all his best to get a maximum number of papers published at WORLDCOMP to get
more money into his (and Prof. Hamid Arabnia’s) pockets. Prof. Hamid Arabnia makes a lot of tricks. For
example, he appeared in a newspaper to fool the public, claiming him a victim of cyber-attack (see Item
8 in Section 5 of above website).

Monte Carlo Resort (the venue of WORLDCOMP for more than 10 years, until 2012) has refused to
provide the venue for WORLDCOMP’13 because of the fears of their image being tarnished due to
WORLDCOMP’s fraudulent activities. That is why WORLDCOMP’13 is taking place at a different resort.
WORLDCOMP will not be held after 2013.

The draft paper submission deadline is over but still there are no committee members, no reviewers,
and there is no conference Chairman. The only contact details available on WORLDCOMP’s website is
just an email address!

We ask Prof. Hamid Arabnia to publish all reviews for all the papers (after blocking identifiable details)
since 2000 conference. Reveal the names and affiliations of all the reviewers (for each year) and how
many papers each reviewer had reviewed on average. We also ask him to look at the Open Challenge
(Section 6) at https://sites.google.com/site/moneycomp1 and respond if he has any professional values.

Sorry for posting to multiple lists. Spreading the word is the only way to stop this bogus conference.
Please forward this message to other mailing lists and people.

We are shocked with Prof. Hamid Arabnia and his puppet’s activities at
http://worldcomp-fake-bogus.blogspot.com   Search Google using the keyword worldcomp fake for
additional links.