[Mailman-i18n] howto correctly make rusification for ubuntu + mailman

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Fri Jun 13 19:19:01 CEST 2014

On 06/12/2014 12:16 AM, info at rolissma.com wrote:

> I converted all by iconv -f koi8-r -t utf8 and almost all work well.
>
> But
> 1.
>  Even I set default language for list to Russian the main page shows in
> English
>  ( http://mailhost.bizparties.com.ua/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo )
>  How to show it by default in other lang ( Ru or Ukraine, for example) ?

You need in mm_cfg.py

DEFAULT_SERVER_LANGUAGE = 'ru'

> 2.
> If I try to see archive - it show wrong chars (try to show in koi8-r)

You also need in mm_cfg.py

add_language('ru', 'Russian', 'utf-8', 'ltr')

This should work for newly archived messages, but the fix asn entire
archive you need to rebuild it with Mailman's 'bin/arch --wipe'. See
'bin/arch --help' for more information.