[Mailman-i18n] Hebrew translation

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Tue May 6 05:01:24 CEST 2014

On 05/04/2014 09:31 AM, Genghis Khan wrote:
> On Thu, 01 May 2014 23:02:45 -0700
> Mark Sapiro <mark at msapiro.net> wrote:
>

>> Are you interested in Mailman 2.1 or Mailman 3?
>
> Whichever one you would want me to translate.

i18n for Mailman 3 is still not really underway.

Mailman 2.1.18 has just been released with several new strings, so your
help with that would be great.

> Since I do not know how to create a Bazaar branch, I think, I will send
> an update to this list or to one of the staff members.

You can send it directly to me. You can download the latest
mailman-2.1.18.tgz from <https://launchpad.net/mailman/2.1/2.1.18>. It
contains the Hebrew message catalog in
messages/he/LC_MESSAGES/mailman.po and templates in templates/he/*.

> P.S. If you are a Hebrew speaker and you are reading this message,
>      please contact me for further collaboration on this matter.

I'm not, but hopefully others on this list are.

> P.S. Is Mr. Dov Zamir, who is the original author of the Hebrew
>      translation, is still active in GNU Mailman?

I don't think I've heard from him since he submitted his original
translation work about 7 years ago.