[Mailman-i18n] Mailman 2.1.21 Final Release
mark at msapiro.net
Sun Feb 28 18:32:00 EST 2016
Please ignore the spurious, fumble fingered post of a few minutes ago.
I am pleased to announce the release of Mailman 2.1.21.
Python 2.4 is the minimum supported, but Python 2.7 is strongly recommended.
This release includes a few new features and several bug fixes. Most of
the changes since the second release candidate are i18n updates, but
there are a few more bug fixes. See the attached README for details.
Mailman is free software for managing email mailing lists and
e-newsletters. Mailman is used for all the python.org and
SourceForge.net mailing lists, as well as at hundreds of other sites.
For more information, please see our web site at one of:
Mailman 2.1.21 can be downloaded from
Mark Sapiro <mark at msapiro.net> The highway is for gamblers,
San Francisco Bay Area, California better use your sense - B. Dylan
-------------- next part --------------
- There is a new dmarc_none_moderation_action list setting and a
DEFAULT_DMARC_NONE_MODERATION_ACTION mm_cfg.py setting to optionally
apply Munge From or Wrap Message actions to posts From: domains that
publish DMARC p=none. The intent is to eliminate failure reports to
the domain owner for messages that would be munged or wrapped if the
domain published a stronger DMARC policy. See the descriptions in
Defaults.py, the web UI and the bug report for more. (LP: #1539384)
- Thanks to Jim Popovitch there is now a feature to automatically turn
on moderation for a malicious list member who attempts to flood a list
with spam. See the details for the Privacy options ... -> Sender
filters -> member_verbosity_threshold and member_verbosity_interval
settings in the web admin UI and the documentation in Defaults.py for
the DEFAULT_MEMBER_VERBOSITY_* and VERBOSE_CLEAN_LIMIT settings for
- bin/list_members now has options to display all moderated or all
- There is now a mm_cfg.py setting GLOBAL_BAN_LIST which is like the
individual list's ban_list but applies globally to all subscribe
requests. See the description in Defaults.py for more details.
- The Japanese translation has been updated by Yasuhito FUTATSUKI.
- Also thanks to Miloslav Trmac and Yasuhito FUTATSUKI, the l10n for
Mailman's bin/ commands has been fixed to display using the character
set of the user's work station even when Mailman's character set for
the language is different. Because this has not been tested over a
wide set of locales, there is an mm_cfg.py switch
DISABLE_COMMAND_LOCALE_CSET to disable it if it causes problems.
- The Polish translation has been updated by Stefan Plewako.
- The German translation has been updated by Mirian Margiani and
- The Russian translation has been updated by Danil Smirnov.
- Several Galician templates that were improperly encoded as iso-8859-1
have been fixed. (LP: #1532504)
- The Brazilian Portugese translation has been updated by Emerson Ribeiro
Bug fixes and other patches
- If DMARC lookup fails to find a policy, also try the Organizational
Domain. Associated with this is a new mm_cfg.py setting
DMARC_ORGANIZATIONAL_DOMAIN_DATA_URL which sets the URL used to
retrieve the data for the algorithm that computes the Organizational
Domain. See https://publicsuffix.org/list/ for info. (LP: #1549420)
- Modified contrib/mmdsr to correctly report No such list names that
- User's "Acknowledge" option will now be honored for posts to anonymous
lists. (LP: #1546679)
- Fixed a typo in the Non-digest options regular_exclude_ignore
description thanks to Yasuhito FUTATSUKI.
- DEFAULT_PASS_MIME_TYPES has been changed to accept text/plain sub-parts
from message/rfc822 parts and multipart parts other than mixed and
alternative and also accept pgp signatures. This only applies to newly
created lists and other than pgp signatures, still only accepts
text/plain. (LP: #1517446)
- Modified contrib/mmdsr to report held and banned subscriptions and DMARC
lookups in their own categories.
- Fixed a bug that could create a garbled From: header with certain DMARC
mitigation actions. (LP: #1536816)
- Treat a poster's address which matches an equivalent_domains address as
a list member for the regular_exclude_ignore check. (LP: #1526550)
- Fixed an issue that sometimes left no white space following
subject_prefix. (LP: #1525954)
- Vette log entries for banned subscriptions now include the source of
the request if available. (LP: #1525733)
- Submitting the user options form for a user who was asynchronously
unsubscribed would throw an uncaught NotAMemberError. (LP: #1523273)
- It was possible under some circumstances for a message to be shunted
after a handler rejected or discarded it, and the handler would be
skipped upon unshunting and the message accepted. (LP: #1519062)
- Posts gated to usenet will no longer have other than the target group
in the Newsgroups: header. (LP: #1512866)
- Invalid regexps in *_these_nonmembers, subscribe_auto_approval and
ban_list are now logged. (LP: #1507241)
- Refactored the GetPattern list method to simplify extending @listname
syntax to new attributes in the future. Changed Moderate.py to use the
GetPattern method to process the *_these_nonmembers lists.
- Changed CookHeaders to default to using space rather than tab as
continuation_ws when folding headers. (LP: #1505878)
- Fixed the 'pidfile' path in the sample init.d script. (LP: # 1503422)
- Subject prefixing could fail to collapse multiple 'Re:' in an incomming
message if they all came after the list's subject_prefix. This is now
fixed. (LP: #1496620)
- Defended against a user submitting URLs with query fragments or POST
data containing multiple occurrences of the same variable.
- Fixed bin/mailmanctl to check its effective rather than real uid.
- Fixed cron/gate_news to catch EOFError on opening the newsgroup.
- Fixed a bug where a delayed probe bounce can throw an AttributeError.
- If a list is not digestable an the user is not currently set to
receive digests, the digest options will not be shown on the user's
options page. (LP: #1476298)
- Improved identification of remote clients for logging and subscribe
form checking in cases where access is via a proxy server. Thanks to
Jim Popovitch. Also updated contrib/mmdsr for log change.
- Fixed an issue with shunted messages on a list where the charset for
the list's preferred_language had been changed from iso-8859-1 to
utf-8 without recoding the list's description. (LP: #1462755)
- Mailman-Postfix integration will now add mailman at domain entries in
data/virtual-mailman for each domain in POSTFIX_STYLE_VIRTUAL_DOMAINS
which is a host_name of a list. This is so the addresses which are
exposed on admin and listinfo overview pages of virtual domains will
be deliverable. (LP: #1459236)
- The vette log entry for DMARC policy hits now contains the list name.
- If SUBSCRIBE_FORM_SECRET is enabled and a user's network has a load
balancer or similar in use the POSTing IP might not exactly match the
GETting IP. This is now accounted for by not requiring the last
octet (16 bits for ipV6) to match. (LP: #1447445)
- DKIM-Signature:, DomainKey-Signature: and Authentication-Results:
headers are now removed by default from posts to anonymous lists.
- The list admin web UI Mambership List search function often doesn't
return correct results for search strings (regexps) that contain
non-ascii characters. This is partially fixed. (LP: #1442298)
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 181 bytes
Desc: OpenPGP digital signature
More information about the Mailman-i18n