[Mailman-i18n] Polish language template files

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Wed Jan 18 23:59:40 EST 2017

On 01/18/2017 02:20 PM, Stefan Plewako wrote:
>> Wiadomość napisana przez Mark Sapiro <mark at msapiro.net> w dniu 18.01.2017, o godz. 22:46:
>> Granted, there may still be problems with characters from strings in the
>> message catalog or in list attributes, but these won't be fixed by
>> encoding the template as utf-8 either.
> You did change only part of the things needed and can't really change the rest - the change doesn't make real (positive) difference.
>> I think in the best case, I have addressed the issue described above
> No, you didn't. We have non-ASCII characters in strings that replace placeholders in changed templates.

I fully agree that what I did does not address the issue of non-ascii in
strings in list attributes, nor did I say nor mean to imply that it did.

It also turns out that I mis-diagnosed the OP's original issue, and that
it was in fact not caused by the web server enforcing a different
character set, but was apparently caused by an incompletely applied
Debian update.

In spite of that, I don't feel it is wrong to represent non-ascii
characters in html templates as html entities, and I don't think it will
cause any loss of information, at least not with any browser that
recognizes html entities.

Mark Sapiro <mark at msapiro.net>        The highway is for gamblers,
San Francisco Bay Area, California    better use your sense - B. Dylan

More information about the Mailman-i18n mailing list